Mushroom chicken pie
The tastiest pies are made with mushrooms. You don’t think so? Let us convince you!
This recipe is made for 4 servings – for the tastiest mushroom chicken pie!
- 350 g chicken thigh
- 400 g mushrooms*
- 100 g frozen peas
- 30 g flour
- 25 g butter
- 100 ml cream
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion
- 4 slices puff pastry
- 1 l mushroom stock
- 1 sprig of Thyme
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Heat up 500 ml of the mushroom stock to 80°C and poach the chicken in it for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven on 200°C.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters. Fry the mushrooms shortly.
- Cut the chicken in fine strips.
- Cut the onion. Heat up the butter in a frying pan and add the onion. Glaze it shortly. Add the flour and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t change colour add the cream slowly and stir it carefully, until you have nice ragout.
- Add the rest of the mushroom bouillon and let it steep? for two minutes. Then stir and add the mushrooms and chicken as well.
- Add the peas.
- Cut the rosemary and thyme fine and add them to the ragout. Also, add salt and pepper to your taste liking.
- Roll out the puff pastry until it is just one slice. Fill the ragout into a casserole and put the puff pastry on it. Coat the puff pastry with the egg.
- Put the pie into the oven and bake it for 10 minutes.
If you would like to have a more intensive taste, just add 0.5% of our mushroom concentrate to the recipe.
If you would like to have this dish vegetarian, just replace the chicken with 350g mushrooms.
*You could also use our Ecopouch® mushrooms in this recipe.
Adding mushroom concentrate to the recipe will make the taste more intensive. Try it!