Veal entrecote with stroganoff sauce
Stroganoff sauce spices things up. This is a classic Russian recipe, straight out of the nineteenth century, named after the family Stroganov.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 veal entrecote (4 x ~140g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 20 grams tomato paste
- 100 ml veal stock
- 40 grams double cream
- 20 ml vodka
- 10 grams parsley
- Paprika powder
- Bake the entrecote in the frying pan for 3 minutes on each side.
- When done, take them out of the pan and place them somewhere warm, for example in an oven of 50°C, or wrapped in some aluminum foil.
- Dice the onion and bell peppers and lightly fry them in the pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, tomato paste, vodka, veal stock and cream and stir well over a medium heat for several minutes.
- Add freshly chopped parsley, pepper, salt and some red bell pepper powder.
- Carve the entrecote and serve with the sauce.
Instead of using fresh mushrooms, try our Ecopouch mushrooms. We promise a wonderful taste and bite.
Mushrooms are little miracles that can be used for a tremendous wide range of dishes. Whether you are vegetarian, flexitarian or just someone looking to…
Mushrooms are considered to be very healthy. They are not only low in calories, they also contain lots of fibre and they are an important…
Mushrooms come from your greengrocer’s or the supermarket. But are they really vegetables? All vegetables and fruits come from edible plants. The main characteristics of…