Fresher than fresh
Scelta is world leader in IQF mushrooms. What sets Scelta Mushrooms’ frozen mushrooms apart? They keep their shape, have a consistent bite and mouth feel, and the vivid flavour of a food freshly harvested.
- IQF (individually quick frozen) system preserves the form, structure and taste of mushrooms.
- Frozen shortly after harvest.
- A long shelf life up to 24 months without the use of preservatives.
- Easy storage, handling and portioning.
- Also available as chestnut & portobello mushrooms.
- All IQF mushrooms are available unblanched, scalded, blanched and organic.
Various cap sizes from
20 mm - 80 mm
Various slice thicknesses from
4 mm - 9 mm
Various packagings from
bags of 450 g to
octabins of 850 kg
Frozen mushrooms applications
For pizzas, mono bags, soups, sauces, mixes, ready meals, hamburgers, pasta, sandwiches…
Our frozen factory
Champi-mer, the production facility for frozen mushrooms located in Kesteren, the Netherlands. The process is fully automatic: cooling, washing, cutting and onto a deep-freezing conveyor belt where the temperature is minus 40 degrees Celsius. A strong air flow prevents the mushrooms from sticking together. Within half an hour, they come out of the tunnel and go into their packaging.