Summer salad with mushrooms
The perfect summer salad for mushroom lovers all over the world! It’s light and refreshing. For a tasty lunch, dinner or barbecue.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 150 grams mixed salad
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- Fresh garden herbs of your choice (i.e. basil, chives, coriander, fennel, parsley, tarragon, thyme)
- 50 grams sundried tomatoes
- 150 grams mini mushrooms*
- Olive oil
- Optional: Edible flowers (i.e. chive flowers)
- Cut the bread into tiny cubes and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake these bread crumbs into crispy croutons in a preheated oven (160°C/320°F) for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the mushrooms shortly in a pan adding a pinch of salt and pepper for taste. You may cut the mushrooms into quarters if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Wash the mixed salad and put it in a large bowl and stir well along with the croutons, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, vinaigrette and your own selection of fresh garden herbs.
Mushrooms are little miracles that can be used for a tremendous wide range of dishes. Whether you are vegetarian, flexitarian or just someone looking to…
Mushrooms are considered to be very healthy. They are not only low in calories, they also contain lots of fibre and they are an important…
Mushrooms come from your greengrocer’s or the supermarket. But are they really vegetables? All vegetables and fruits come from edible plants. The main characteristics of…