Hamburger with mushroom topping
Hamburgers: Symbol of the American kitchen, but loved all over the world. Take your time while eating this flavorful and juicy hamburger with mushroom topping.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 hamburger buns
- 500 grams good quality minced beef
- 50 grams shredded onion
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 10 grams parsley
- 50 grams lettuce
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 150 grams mushrooms
- Sriracha* mayonnaise
- Mix the minced beef with the onion, mustard, chopped parsley, pepper and salt and make 4 equal burgers.
- Cook the patties, flipping them once, until they’re browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side. (Depends on the thickness of the patty).
- Wash the lettuce, cut the tomatoes and grill the buns.
- Slice the mushrooms** and fry them shortly, adding salt and pepper.
- Spread some sriracha mayonnaise on both buns. Then, add some lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun and place the burger and mushrooms on top of it.
*Sriracha is a type of hot sauce or chili sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. It is named after the coastal city of Si Racha, in Chonburi Province of eastern Thailand, where it may have been first produced for dishes served at local seafood restaurants.
**To make it a little bit easier, you could also use our Ecopouch mushrooms for your burger.
Mushrooms are little miracles that can be used for a tremendous wide range of dishes. Whether you are vegetarian, flexitarian or just someone looking to…
Mushrooms are considered to be very healthy. They are not only low in calories, they also contain lots of fibre and they are an important…
Mushrooms come from your greengrocer’s or the supermarket. But are they really vegetables? All vegetables and fruits come from edible plants. The main characteristics of…