Farm Pack produces grilled mushrooms and is working on a new range of frozen grilled vegetables. All tasty, smoky and proudly Dutch!Willem & Linda Veldhoen, Commercial & Managing Director
Mushrooms are versatile and they are perfect grilling. Grilled mushrooms bring out a desirable sweet and smoky taste that can’t be achieved in any other way. The dry heat of grilling forms a caramelized crust, sealing all flavour and moisture inside.
Sweet & smoky
Mushrooms lend themselves extremely well to grilling. Grilled mushrooms have an irresistible smoky taste, which no other cooking technique can match.
Sliced, 3-5 mm
Nutritional value per 100 g
|Energy||33 kcal (137 kJ)|
|-of which saturated||0.4 g|
|-of which monosaturated||0.6 g|
|-of which polysaturated||0.9 g|
|-of which sugars||0.3 g|
|Colour||A light-brown to brown colour|
|Flavour||Fresh, characteristic flavour of grilled mushrooms, no off-flavour|
|Taste||Typical grilled mushroom taste|
Mushrooms 98%, sunflower oil 2%
|Liner||50 micron, blue|
|Net weight||10 / 12 kg|
|Carton-size||390 x 290 x 212 mm|
|Euro pallet||8 cartons / layer; 64 cartons / pallet|
|Block pallet||10 cartons / layer; 80 cartons / pallet|
|Inside packaging||blue plastic bag|
|Outside packaging||paper box|
|Secundary packaging||Euro pallet (180 g Stretchfilm) or Block pallet (216 g Stretchfilm)|
Store in a dry place, -18°C
Grilled mushrooms using infrared lights
Our mushrooms are grilled just hours after being harvested. In a state of art production factory in the Netherlands, we slow-grill mushrooms using infrared lights. After being coated with oil, the dry heat forms a crust sealing in all flavour and nutrition. The process reduces the moist while enhancing a unique flavour and bite. Because we use infrared light instead of conventional heat sources, the mushrooms don’t burn. As a result, our mushrooms do not have grill marks. This results in an even better taste.
Ready to use
After being grilled, mushrooms are preserved. The IQF (Individually Quick Frozen) technique for grilled mushrooms results in a quality ingredient with its form, structure, nutritional value and taste perfectly preserved for two years. Grilled mushrooms are available in various forms and sizes. To make application fast and easy, seasoning can be added to the product. Packaging ranges from 500-gram bags to octabins for efficient use in your process.
Applications for grilled mushrooms
A grilled mushroom is perfectly suitable for a wide range of applications. Due to the low drained weight and high flavour, grilled mushrooms can be used in a wide range of applications like soups, sauces, toppings and ready meals.
Why grilled mushrooms are better than fresh ones
The best way to keep the nutritional value in your mushrooms is grilling. Spanish researchers found out, that this is really the best way to prepare the mushrooms and keep the nutrients. At least, this is what they published in the International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. The conclusion was, that cooking the mushrooms in water, really is not the healthiest way to prepare them. It is true, that this way of preparing delivers the highest amount of beta glucan, which helps you to support your immune system to fight against infections. But boiling the mushrooms also declines the efficiency of antioxidants by approximately 50%, if you compare them to raw mushrooms. Frying the mushrooms will lead to a decline of 25 to 40%. However, grilling the mushrooms delivers the highest amount of antioxidants.
Grilled mushrooms are better than fresh ones
Want to know more?
- What does IQF mean?IQF stands for Individually Quick Frozen. Products processed like this still contain loads of vitamins and nutrients.
- Do the grilled mushrooms have grill marks?No. The grilled mushrooms are grilled on a production line. This means, that they are grilled constantly. They don't have grill marks, but you can see and taste that they are grilled.
- Which flavour coatings do you offer?We offer the coatings our customer asks for. The two flavourings which are the most popular are "natural" and "onion garlic salt". Just ask for even more delicious coatings!
- Why are grilled mushrooms better than fresh?Grilled mushrooms are better than fresh ones? Actually, Spanish researches found this out. If you would like to know more, keep on reading.
- What does HACCP mean?HACCP is a quality norm. It stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. This norm is founded in space technology. Pillsbury, a large American food producer making part baked bread rolls, developed for for astronauts. They had to be absolutely certain the food wouldn't make anyone ill; the consequences of an astronaut in space becoming ill, vomiting or having diarrhea would be awful.If you would like to know how we use HACCP, keep on reading.