Grilled mushrooms, bell pepper and green asparagus, red onion, sundried tomatoes, dried ham and feta
This is how you do it at home
Delicious grilled mushrooms and vegetables are so flavoursome all by themselves; they hardly need anything else to make them into a meal. A mild feta cheese and a beautifully dried ham are the perfect accompaniments. A chunk of good quality bread would be great too; great for dipping into the oil from the sundried tomatoes.
Main course for 4 people
Ingredients you need, to enjoy your grilled mushrooms
- 750g / 1lb 10oz mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 300g / 11oz thin green asparagus
- 4 red onions
- 12 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 150g / 5oz sundried tomatoes in oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 300g / 11oz feta cheese
- 300g / 11oz thinly sliced dried ham
- Clean the mushrooms and halve them*. Clean and deseed the peppers and cut into large chunks. Trim the asparagus; peel the bottom 5cm/2 inch and remove the woody ends. Peel the onions and cut each one into 6 wedges.
- Heat a hot plate, grill pan, grill or oven (250°C/475°F). Grill the mushrooms, vegetables, garlic (skin on) and the rosemary needles of 1 sprig (about ½ tbsp). Place the remaining rosemary on a large platter and top with the warm mushrooms and vegetables.
- Chop the sundried tomatoes. Divide the tomato and the oil from the tomatoes over the warm mushrooms and vegetables. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Crumble the feta, place on the platter and add the ham.