Comé is a company with expertise in packaging our mushrooms in buckets and polybags, and constantly works on creating new, sustainable packaging solutions.Jan Derk ter Keurst, Senior Sales Manager
Never run out of stock
Our preserved mushrooms are also available as organic. We offer a wide range of (private label) packaging depending on volume and application.
Product specific. Do you want to know more about our preserved mushrooms? Contact us.
Store in a dry place, 0-7ºC
Store in a dry and ambient place
Store in a dry place, 0-7ºC
Shelf life buckets
12 weeks. After opening use within 5 days
Shelf life cans
4 years from date of production. After opening use within 3 days
Shelf life polybags
Who hasn’t experienced that sinking feeling of running out of a key ingredient, or discovering it’s past its use-by date? With preserved mushrooms, you don’t have to. Because with our advances in preserving technology, they last and last and last. Our polybags keep our mushrooms in wonderful shape month after month.
Whole, sliced, pasteurized, blanched, sterilized and organic, our polybag mushrooms are perfect for fresh ready meals and many more uses. Even better, polybags are the environmentally friendly way to preserve mushrooms. It takes less energy to manufacture them, there is significantly less waste and the mushrooms stay fresh for up to a year. And the benefits don’t end there. Good to know: Our polybags are also available clean label, perfect for people who want simple ingredients with fewer artificial colourants, flavours and preservatives.
Never go empty-handed with our preserved mushroom products. These high-quality mushrooms can be kept up to 4 years for your convenience.
- Never short of mushrooms
- Shelf stable
- Processed shortly after harvest
- Available in various sizes
- Suitable for pizzas, soups, sauces etc.
Any way you want them
When you really love a certain something, you want to be always able to get your hands on it. Love mushrooms, you say? No worries, we preserve these lovely treats in buckets, bags and pouches. Their long shelf life guarantees their distinctice mushrooms flavour for up to 7 weeks in buckets and between 1 – 4 years in polybags.
Everywhere you go, you’ll find that consumers choose Dutch preserved mushrooms. This is because of our geography – the growers are based a stone’s throw from the processing plants, so there is barely any time lost between harvest and preservation. This is why Dutch mushrooms are so flavoursome, whatever preservation method is used. Want them sliced or whole? Want just a small pack or a big bucket? The choice is yours, we preserve them just the way you want.
- Which vitamins and minerals can I find in preserved mushrooms?100 grams of preserved mushrooms contain:calories: 24; Vitamin B1: 0.02 mg, Vitamin B2: 0.2 mg, Vitamin B6: 0.06 mg, Vitamin C: 1.7 mg; sodium: 260 mg, potassium: 150 mg, calcium: 25 mg, iron: 0.1 mg
- What happens to 'blanched' mushrooms?Blanching is a cooking process, wherein the mushrooms are scalded in boiled water. Afterwards they are shocked with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- What does HACCP mean?HACCP is a quality norm. It stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. This norm is founded in space technology. Pillsbury, a large American food producer making part baked bread rolls, developed for for astronauts. They had to be absolutely certain the food wouldn't make anyone ill; the consequences of an astronaut in space becoming ill, vomiting or having diarrhea would be awful.If you would like to know how we use HACCP, keep on reading.
- What does 'pasteurized' mean?Pasteurization is a process in which packaged and non-packaged foods are treated with mild heat (<100 °C) to achieve food preservation and food safety.
- What does 'sterilized' mean?Sterilization refers to the removal of all microorganisms and other pathogens from packaged or non-packaged foods by subjecting it to high heat.
- What does 'semi-preserved' mean?Semi-preserved foods have not been sterilized. They are perishable and must therefore be consumed during a smaller timeframe and be stored in a refrigerated area.
- What are 'polybags'?Polybags are bags that are made from polyethylene, the most common form of plastic, and are used in our case to store and ship semi-preserved mushrooms.