Champi'mer supplies mushrooms in all shapes and sizes, suitable for a huge variety of purposes.Henk Roodbeen, CEO Champi'mer
Locking the goodness in
All IQF mushrooms are available unblanched, scalded, blanched and organic. On request flavour coatings can be added.
We offer a wide range of (private label) packaging depending on volume and application. Standard packaging includes 1x10kg, 4×2,5kg,10x1kg and octabins.
<35 mm / mini 25 mm
30 mm / 45 mm
30 - 50 mm
Sliced 4 / 5 / 7 mm (±1 mm)
1st choice, 35 mm / 40 mm
Sliced 4 / 5 / 7 / 9 mm (±1 mm)
<35 mm / 40 mm / 50 mm
Sliced 5 / 7 / 9 mm (±1 mm)
1st choice industrial, 40 mm
Pieces and stems
65 mm, irregular cut
6x6x... mm / 9x9x... mm / 12x12x... mm (also available as chestnut mushroom)
passes Ø12 mm sieve / passes Ø15 mm sieve
Nutritional value per 100g
|Energy||57 kJ (14 kcal)|
|-of which saturated||0.0 g|
|-of which sugar||0.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.5 g|
|Colour||Cream - brown|
|Flavour||Characteristic for mushrooms|
|Taste||Aromatic, characteristic for mushrooms|
Champignons / mushrooms 100%
The mushrooms have been cultivated in compliance with Council Regulation (EC) 834/2007 and 889/2008
Fresher than fresh
We offer a complete assortment of frozen mushrooms. Especially for pizza makers we even developed super-dry mushrooms, with less drip-loss. Because no one likes soggy pizzas! From pizzas to ready meals and soups, you can easily put something healthy and fresh on the table with our product range.
The great thing is that research in the US and UK has found that deep-frozen fruit and vegetables like ours show no significant difference in vitamin content than fresh ones – and can even be better. The reason is simple: it can take from several days to two weeks for ‘fresh’ mushrooms to hit the consumer’s plate. So not so fresh, really. Our mushrooms and vegetables are frozen in no time after being picked, locking the goodness in.
Some more of the advantages of our frozen mushrooms:
- IQF (individually quick frozen) system preserves the form, structure and taste of mushrooms
- Frozen shortly after harvest
- Fresher than fresh
- A long shelf life up to 24 months without the use of preservatives
- Easy storage, handling and portioning
- Our raw materials are sourced from local, GLOBALG.A.P. certified growers
Any way you want it
IQF mushrooms are ideal for all kinds of cooking and recipes, from home and café to fine dining. And sometimes they are more than ideal. Take pizzas. Mushrooms are one of the most popular pizza toppings. That’s why we developed a special production process to produce super-dry mushrooms – richer taste, less moisture, less shrinkage and more slices per kilo! Our frozen mushrooms are available ready sliced or diced for easy handling and portioning, as well as wholes, quarters and grit. They can also be stored for up to 24 months – all without needing preservatives!
- What does IQF mean?IQF stands for Individually Quick Frozen. Products processed like this still contain loads of vitamins and nutrients.
- What happens to 'blanched' mushrooms?Blanching is a cooking process, wherein the mushrooms are scalded in boiled water. Afterwards they are shocked with cold water to halt the cooking process.
- What is a GLOBALG.A.P. certification?GLOBALG.A.P. is an international certification which guarantees a worldwide standard for good agricultural practices. Therefore, food safety and sustainability are the most important factors within the GLOBALG.A.P. certification. If you would like to know more, have a look at the website of GLOBALG.A.P.
- What does HACCP mean?HACCP is a quality norm. It stands for Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points. This norm is founded in space technology. Pillsbury, a large American food producer making part baked bread rolls, developed for for astronauts. They had to be absolutely certain the food wouldn't make anyone ill; the consequences of an astronaut in space becoming ill, vomiting or having diarrhea would be awful.If you would like to know how we use HACCP, keep on reading.