Black Jaguar Foundation bursts with life
News from the Araguaia Corridor
The Black Jaguar Foundation has one clear objective: planting indigenous trees on a massive scale to help realize the Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor in order to improve the lives of each of us and of all future generations on our planet. Scelta Mushrooms is sponsoring and we are really happy to see how this project grows.
The latest developments of the Black Jaguar Foundation in a short overview:
- Seedling nurseries at full capacity (Scroll down to read more)
- Landowner brochure: Ready! On the website of the Black Jaguar Foundation the brochure of the landowner can be downloaded.
- Partnership with Bioflora: Renewed! (Scroll down to read more)
- Meet Marina: New Partnerships Coordinator (Brazil). Marina Tavares will coordinate the growing the bright future of the Black Jaguar Foundation in Brazil.
- BJF São Paulo Office opens for business. In the heart of the city, the Black Jaguar Foundation can be found in a really nice office. Find some photos here.
The Araguaia Biodiversity Corridor in Brazil
In Brazil, dry season has begun. That also means, that collecting has begun! The people who work at the nurseries collect seeds and plant them in the nursery. The seedlings will be planted when the rain comes again in November. In total, there are 20.000 seedlings and 20.000 more to be prepared in the next 5 months. To keep the bio diversity, 42 native species are going to be planted soon.
An important partnership is renewed for the next two years. Bioflora is the leading consulting company for ecological restoration in Brazil. Together with the laboratory of Ecology and Forest Restoration (LERF) of the University of São Paulo, both have been invaluable partners, providing the BJF with the knowledge of ecological restoration.
This partnerships will mean, that there will be increased productivity, better seedling quality and a wider production portfolio.
Scelta Mushrooms began to support the Black Jaguar Foundation in the summer of 2017.