Veal entrecote with stroganoff sauce
This is how you do it at home
Stroganoff sauce spices things up. This is a classic Russian recipe, straight out of the nineteenth century, named after the family Stroganov.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 veal entrecote (4 x ~140g)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 20 grams tomato paste
- 100 ml veal stock
- 40 grams double cream
- 20 ml vodka
- 10 grams parsley
- Paprika powder
- Bake the entrecote in the frying pan for 3 minutes on each side.
- When done, take them out of the pan and place them somewhere warm, for example in an oven of 50°C, or wrapped in some aluminum foil.
- Dice the onion and bell peppers and lightly fry them in the pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, tomato paste, vodka, veal stock and cream and stir well over a medium heat for several minutes.
- Add freshly chopped parsley, pepper, salt and some red bell pepper powder.
- Carve the entrecote and serve with the sauce.