Summer salad with mushrooms
This is how you do it at home
The perfect summer salad for mushroom lovers all over the world! It’s light and refreshing. For a tasty lunch, dinner or barbecue.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 150 grams mixed salad
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
- Fresh garden herbs of your choice (i.e. basil, chives, coriander, fennel, parsley, tarragon, thyme)
- 50 grams sundried tomatoes
- 150 grams mini mushrooms*
- Olive oil
- Optional: Edible flowers (i.e. chive flowers)
- Cut the bread into tiny cubes and sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake these bread crumbs into crispy croutons in a preheated oven (160°C/320°F) for about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry the mushrooms shortly in a pan adding a pinch of salt and pepper for taste. You may cut the mushrooms into quarters if you prefer smaller pieces.
- Wash the mixed salad and put it in a large bowl and stir well along with the croutons, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, vinaigrette and your own selection of fresh garden herbs.