Risotto ai funghi
This is how you do it at home
Taking this typical Italian risotto to the next level with a delicious mushroom broth.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300 grams risotto rice
- 1 liter mushroom broth
- 400 grams mushrooms (any mixture will do, preferably the classic funghi porcini)
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Clean the mushrooms and slice them.
- Add the oil to the pan, shortly fry the diced garlic clove and add the mushrooms over high heat until they become light brownish.
- Add salt and pepper and put the mushrooms away in a bowl.
- Next, dice the onion and fry them in some butter over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast it for 2 minutes until it becomes glazy.
- Add the wine and wait until the rice absorbed the liquid.
- Add a ladle of warm stock and stir until the rice has absorbed the stock. Repeat this process until you no longer have stock, or until the rice is al dente. Stir often.
- Minutes before the rice is cooked, add the mushrooms and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat, add the butter and the Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Garnish with freshly cut parsley.