This is how you do it at home
Sandwiches can’t get a lot better. This deeply flavourful ragout, made from fresh mushrooms, is hearty as ever.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 20 slices puff pastry
- 500 g mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml water
- 100 grams butter
- 120 grams flour
- 50 grams spring onions
- 1 egg
- Fine breadcrumbs
- 10 grams fresh parsley
- Make a roux* of butter and flour.
- Add the sliced mushrooms (save a few for later) and water and season with pepper and salt. Let it cook until you get a nice, thick ragout.
- Chop the spring onions in fine rings and add it to the ragout with the finely chopped parsley and turn off the heat to let it cool.
- Once cooled down, place the cold ragout in the middle of one puff pastry slice and close it by placing another slice on top of it, sealing the edges with a fork.
- Place the sandwich on a baking sheet and lightly coat it with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with fine breadcrumbs and then add a few cuts in the top slice using a sharp knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C during 12 minutes.
- Save a few sliced mushrooms and use them to garnish your dish.
*Roux is basically butter and flour together before adding in the liquid you want thickened.