Linguine ai funghi trifolati
This is how you do it at home
This originally Italian recipe from the Piedmont region is as simple as delicious. The mushrooms bring out the best in the pasta. With this linguine ai funghi trifolati you can’t do anything wrong.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 grams fresh linguine
- 300 grams white mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 sprigs of fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Fresh oregano
- Clean the mushrooms with a mushroom brush and cut them into quarters*.
- Heat a frying pan with abundant olive oil over medium heat and add the diced garlic cloves. As the garlic is turning light brownish add the mushroom quarters and stir well with the garlic. In the meantime chop the fresh parsley and add them to the mushrooms.
- Add freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt to taste, stir well and let it simmer for a few minutes over low heat.
- Cook the linguine ‘al dente’ in salted water for 4 minutes. Then sieve the pasta and mix with the mushrooms in the frying pan.
- Garnish with freshly chopped oregano and parsley.
*Instead of using fresh mushrooms, you could consider to try our Ecopouch® mushrooms.