Asian vegetable mix
This is how you do it at home
Sizzling it up Asian-style. You can never go wrong with this speedy one-pan recipe. So tasty and full of goodness.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 200 grams carrots
- 150 grams snow peas
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 150 grams mushrooms
- 100 ml soy sauce
- 300 grams jasmine rice
- Sesame seeds
- Oil with a high smoking point like canola, peanut, rapeseed, avocado or rice bran oil
- 1 chili pepper
- Clean the carrots, slice and blanch* briefly with the snow peas and (sliced or quartered) mushrooms**.
- Make sure you dry the blanched vegetables properly using a sieve or preferably some paper towel or a salad spinner, because extra water will cause your veggies to braise, rather than stir-fry.
- Add abundant oil to the pan over high heat. When the oil reaches a high temperature, add the soy sauce followed by the carrots, snow peas, bean sprouts, mushrooms and sliced chili pepper immediately. Stir-fry briefly for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
- Serve with fragrant jasmine rice and garnish with sesame seeds and freshly cut coriander.
Tip: try a different sauce next time for a new flavour!
*Blanching is a cooking process wherein the food substance, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process.
**You also could use our frozen mushrooms. They are already sliced!